As a writer, I appreciate listening to podcasts featuring other writers. You might be interested too, especially if you’re an avid reader and you enjoy writers festivals or chats.
Here’s a list you might enjoy checking out. They range from interview-based podcasts with authors, through to podcasts that focus on providing tips and advice on writing and publishing.
Australian writing podcasts
- Writers off the Page. “Writer and journalist Chenee Marrapodi sits down with authors, illustrators and creative minds, to find out their tips, tricks and secrets…”
2. Writes 4 Women: “all about celebrating women’s voices and supporting women writers. Every week host Pamela Cook interviews an outstanding female, trans or non-binary author about their books, writing process and life…”
3. Adelaide Writers’ Week: Sessions from Australia’s largest free literary festival, now recorded for you!
4. Words and Nerds: “an entertaining and conversational podcast that aims to get inside a writer’s mind. We discuss books, the social and political influencers of a writer’s work…”
5. Kill Your Darlings: “Interviews, readings and discussions about books, culture and the arts in Australia and beyond …”
6. BAD Sydney: All About Crime
7. 3CR: “Australian and international authors talk about their books and how they got published or how they self-published…”
8. Killer Content: “If you’re always looking for your next thriller or whodunnit, join Emily Webb (writer and co-host of Australian True Crime Podcast) for Killer Content, where she’ll be talking to crime-obsessed authors about how they create their characters, their stories and their crime series”.
9. The Green Room: “chat with a writer about their experiences of the writing and publishing process in honest green-room style”.
10. James and Ashley Stay at Home: “Through discussions and interviews, they explore the big questions: how do books get written? …”
International writing podcasts
11. Blood Brothers: “Three crime writers talk about all things crime, writing, inspirations and processes, with special guest authors from around the world”.
12. Helping Writers Become Authors: “provides writers help in summoning inspiration, crafting solid characters, outlining and structuring novels, and polishing prose”.
13. The Richard and Judy Book Club: “The UK’s biggest book club”.
14. Between the Covers: Conversations with Writers: “Author interviews with today’s best – and established and up and coming – in fiction, nonfiction and poetry”.
15. Eleventh Hour Podcast: “The Writing University podcast features recordings of illuminative craft talks from the renown writers, novelists, poets and essayists …”
16. Writers Bone: “Aspiring writers, best-selling scribes, and award-winning screenwriters confront existential dread and writing angst!”
And of course, there’s The First Time Podcast, The Garrett, First Draft, and Honest Authors, which I’ve blogged about earlier.